Subject: Re: PS/2 mouse
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
From: Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/30/2002 00:19:46
On 2002-06-29 08:35 +0000, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 02:37:19PM +0200, Nicolas Saurbier wrote:
> > Thanks guys, it?s working now!
> >
> > new question:
> >
> > How can I create a bitmap for xflame screensaver?
> > Manual pages tell me, I need a "monochrome XBM file"?
> > I have a windows bitmap, which app do I need for converting it?
>
> Take a look at pkgsrc/graphics/xv, which has always worked for me
> in the past.  I imagine ee or gimp could be persuaded to do the
> job as well.

There are a dozen or so different ways.  XV is one.  The netpbm
package includes tools like pbmtoxbm, pnmquant and bmptopnm which can
be combined in a filter like:

	% bmptopnm foo.bmp | pnmquant 2 | pbmtoxpm > foo.xbm

The ImageMagick package contains a program called `convert' :)
Whatever makes one feel comfortable...