Subject: problem during hardware probing
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: masqurin <masqurin@wanadoo.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/28/2002 01:34:56
Hello,

I tried to install netBSD 1.5.2 on my presario 1211EA Notebook.

Halas, it fails at the beginniing of the installation process, during
hardware probing. The last line displayed before the screen freeze is:

biomask fffd netmask fffd ttymask ffff

I'm new to netBSD And I've no idea on how to correct this. I don't even
understand where the problem came from !

I know that this is a netBSD mailing list, but it may help to say that
freeBSD also fails during hardware probing.

The Last two lines it displays before freezing are

sc0: <System console> at drq 0 flag 0x100 on isa0
sc0: VGA <16 virtual consoles, flags=0x300>

It would be great if someone could help me to solve this problem.

thanks!