Subject: Re: A good cd writing software on NetBSD?
To: SAR , Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/24/2002 09:57:10
Older versions of gcombust worked quite well for me; better than anything
running under Windows ME.  The older version of gcombust never maybe a
coaster whereas the Windows software that came with the CDRW drive has made
many coasters.

The version of gcombust in the pkgsrc distribution available when 1.5.2 was
released has some sort of internal problem where it cannot determine the
size of the data being written to the disk.  Other than some warnings about
this and the inability to know that your data will actually fit on the disk
gcombust still works fairly well.

When I have a chance to track down just what is failing, I'll send-pr the
problem but, as usual, my real job keeps getting in the way of doing fun stuff.