Subject: Re: gcc-3.1.x question
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: ali \(Anders Lindgren\) <dat94ali@ludat.lth.se>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/21/2002 00:19:31
...while on the topic of gcc 3.1 -- have people tried building it on
different architectures? I have tried building it together with the
latest release of binutils on both Solaris8 and NetBSD/sparc64.
It didn't even build on either. I don't recall the errors produced
on Solaris8 (and it's not very important anyway) but I was disappointed
it didn't work on sparc64 since "SPARCv9 is now fully supported in 64bit"
is in the release notes of gcc-3.1. It died on itself (ld SEGV'd) when
it tried to build a 32bit libgcc using the newly built "xgcc" (which did
have the -m32 option, so I figured it ought to have worked -- ld itself
claims to support both 64bit and 32bit objects).

Since I was building with a native 64bit gcc (The infamous NetBSD-patched
2.95.3) I figured "make bootstrap" shouldn't be needed. Any clues?

--
/ali
:wq