Subject: Re: postfix mailq
To: R Libra <postfix2002@hotmail.com>
From: Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/19/2002 03:41:26
> I installed postfix and it works great. Only thing I don't get working is
> the mailq command as it says command not found.
>
> I checked the etc/mailer.conf and that contains
>
> mailq ../postfix/sendmail

sendmail implements the Postfix to Sendmail compatibility interface.
mailq and newaliases are symlinks to sendmail.
eeehhhh ... the postfix sendmail that is :-)

I got the postfix sendmail in /usr/pkg/sbin, cause i installed
postfix from the packages, so my /etc/mailer.conf contains:

mailq           /usr/pkg/sbin/sendmail

In the 1.5.x systems, postfix is part of the main distribution on contains
a postfix sendmail somwhere else:

From man mailer.conf:

"This example shows how to invoke the fictitious "newmail" program in
place of sendmail.

mailq           /usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail"

And i assume /etc/defaults/rc.conf contains:

postfix=YES ?

You do have /usr/bin/mailq dont you?
Which is a symlink to /usr/sbin/mailwrapper
Which on its turn consults /etc/mailer.conf in which the location
of the postfix sendmail is given.

In your main.cf what is the value for mailq_path ?
Type: "postconf mailq_path" to see what the current value is.
This is the one in your main.cf
Bye,

Mipam.