Subject: Re: Help for "can not find install-sh..."
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Kozberski <pkoz@adam.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/18/2002 14:44:40
On Mon 17 Jun, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Peter Kozberski wrote:
>
> > ===> Extracting for kdegraphics-2.2.2nb1
> > ===> Required package ghostscript>=6.01: NOT found
> > ===> Verifying reinstall for ../../print/ghostscript
> > ===> Configuring for ghostscript-6.01nb4
> > checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
>
> Notice that it doesn't actually extract ghostscript. Do you have an
> old work directory there? What happens if you do a
> 	make clean
> 	make deinstall
> 	make install # or "make package"
I did this and got a checksum error for gimp-print-4.2.0 which confused
me because another package installed ver 4.2.1 successfully and I assumed
that was the one the package wanted. When I saw this I edited
Makefile.common in print/ghostscript-nox11 to include 4.2.1 and compiled.
There were lots of warnings but it installed fine.

Thanks
-- Peter Kozberski