Subject: A KDE3 question to anyone willing to help...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Sung N. Cho <sucho2@vt.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/18/2002 17:20:30
Hi,

I just got done installing KDE3 from the pkgsrc on NetBSD 1.6B (thanks to=
 Nick=20
Hudson).  However, I have some issues in KDE3 and just want to make sure =
it's=20
a KDE3 bug, not fault in building KDE from pkgsrc.  First off, kcalc does=
n't=20
seem to open from the menu.  However it runs when you open it from consol=
e,=20
say, type kcalc in console.  Secondly, when I open the file manager, I ge=
t an=20
error saying "There was an error loading the module Navigation Panel."  O=
ther=20
than that, it runs fine.  Is anyone having the same hiccups from KDE3 bui=
lt=20
from pkgsrc?  Just want to make sure it's a KDE3 issue, instead of NetBSD=
=20
pkgsrc one.

Lastly, anyone know how to erase the saved startup session under KDE3?  I=
've=20
accidently logged out of KDE3 with knode still on and now knode seem to o=
pen=20
everytime I log in to KDE3.  It's very annoying and driving me nuts!  I j=
ust=20
had to erase the .kde directory and reconfigure everything again.

Also, what's the issue of this line in Makefile of=20
/usr/pkgsrc/devel/pth-syscall: "CONFIGURE_ARGS+=3D=09--enable-syscall-har=
d" ?

I've installed pth-syscall with that option in Makefile, then ran "make t=
est"=20
and the test fails on NetBSD 1.6B.  So, I disabled that option, therefore=
,=20
same as the Makefile in /usr/pkgsrc/devel/pth, compiled, installed then r=
an=20
"make test" and the test now successful!  So what's the deal with adding=20
"CONFIGURE_ARGS+=3D --enable-syscall-hard"  when the test fails?

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Sung N. Cho,
Tuesday, June 18, 2002.