Subject: Re: Building Mozilla From Pkgsrc
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Jeff Flowers <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/17/2002 14:51:54
> $ cat /usr/pkgsrc/www/galeon/DESCR
> Galeon is a GNOME web browser based on gecko (mozilla rendering engine).
> It's fast, it has a light interface and it is full standards compliant.
> $ cat /usr/pkgsrc/www/skipstone/DESCR
> SkipStone is a Gtk+ Web Browser that embeds Mozilla's rendering component
> Gecko. It aims to be light and fast with few dependencies.
>
> I've been using galeon instead of navigator for a few weeks now.

Doesn't Galeon pretty much require Mozilla as a whole in order to
build? I seem to remember hearing that, which is why I didn't consider
it and was looking to trim down Mozilla itself.

I hadn't heard of Skipstone before, so I will look into it.

Thanks!

Jeff Flowers
jeffrey@jeffreyf.net

NetBSD rocks!