Subject: Re: Building Mozilla From Pkgsrc
To: Jeff Flowers <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/17/2002 11:42:08
On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Jeff Flowers wrote:

> I want to build Mozilla for my NetBSD box but I just want the
> browser. Can I compile Mozilla without all the extra stuff?
>
> I know that this should be possible but I don't know where to start.

$ cat /usr/pkgsrc/www/galeon/DESCR
Galeon is a GNOME web browser based on gecko (mozilla rendering engine).
It's fast, it has a light interface and it is full standards compliant.
$ cat /usr/pkgsrc/www/skipstone/DESCR
SkipStone is a Gtk+ Web Browser that embeds Mozilla's rendering component
Gecko. It aims to be light and fast with few dependencies.

I've been using galeon instead of navigator for a few weeks now.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/