Subject: Re: 1.6_BETA1 and VMWare
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Urban Boquist <urban@boquist.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/17/2002 15:05:05
Arto Huusko> I get:
Arto Huusko>> Starting vmnetif /dev/vmnet1: Bad file descriptor

I remember this error, it should be fixed by the patches in
pkgsrc/emulators/vmware-module. Did you install from pkgsrc or the
original modules by fvdl?

Rasputin> Works Ok under current for me (batters the disks though).

That's weird. I had VMware running extremely well for me about half a
year ago, but now whenever I try to power on a virtual machine it just
loops. This is with a week old -current or so, and vmware-modules
newly rebuilt. Which Suse libraries are you using?

I wonder if this may be related to the other problems some people are
having with linux emulation currently? I tried disabling the linux
getdents64(), but that didn't seem to help.

Kind regards,

        -- Urban