Subject: Re: Anyone successful at building kde3 from pkgsrc?
To: SAR , Sung Nae Cho <sucho2@quasar.phys.vt.edu>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/16/2002 07:34:29
On June 16, 2002 02:46 am, SAR wrote:
> I do still have a remaining annoyance though.  I had to remove
> the pth package and replace it with the pth-syscall package to
> build KDE 3.  Now, every package I install that requires threads
> wants me to remove the pth-syscall package and replace it with
> the pth package.  I haven't done that yet, because pth-syscall is
> suppose to be a superset of pth (if I read the pth-syscall docs
> correctly).  I suspect replacing pth-syscall with pth with break
> KDE 3.  I'm not ready to do that yet.

I haven't built kde3 yet but I did build other thread packages that need
pth-syscall.  However, all I did was go into my local copy of the pth
Makefile and add the following line.

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=    --enable-syscall-hard

Now I get the same thing as pth-syscall but without all the conflicts.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@netbsd.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/