Subject: Re: Anyone successful at building kde3 from pkgsrc?
To: Sung Nae Cho <sucho2@quasar.phys.vt.edu>
From: SAR <sar@computer.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/15/2002 23:46:09
On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:09:27 -0400 (EDT)
Sung Nae Cho <sucho2@quasar.phys.vt.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering if it's just me or everyone is having
> problem compiling the kde3 from pkgsrc.  kde3 build seem to
> terminate while building kdelibs3.  And, I'm keep getting
> -pthread complaints while compiling kdelibs3.  Thanks.

I did this successfully earlier this week.  The -pthread message
is a warning, not an error.

I do still have a remaining annoyance though.  I had to remove
the pth package and replace it with the pth-syscall package to
build KDE 3.  Now, every package I install that requires threads
wants me to remove the pth-syscall package and replace it with
the pth package.  I haven't done that yet, because pth-syscall is
suppose to be a superset of pth (if I read the pth-syscall docs
correctly).  I suspect replacing pth-syscall with pth with break
KDE 3.  I'm not ready to do that yet.

So, I haven't successfully installed any other packages since I
successfully installed KDE 3.
---
SAR
sar@computer.org