Subject: Re: what man(1) reads
To: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/15/2002 17:55:03
"James K. Lowden" <jklowden@schemamania.org> writes:
> Thank you!  That will do nicely.  I plunked it in
> /usr/local/man/man7/manmac.7 and now "man manmac" works (not sure I like
> the name, though). :/

The proper name is "man.7". It is the troff macro documentation for
the man macros. This is by analogy to mdoc.7 etc. That's the name it
had in 4.4.

> I know this is a dark corner of NetBSD and hardly a hot topic besides, but
> would you suggest I send-pr that file to have it included in the main
> documentation?

No. I would have committed it long ago after converting it to mdoc if
I could have. The issue is that we're still waiting on some clearance
from Berkeley.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com