Subject: 1.6_BETA1 and VMWare
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/13/2002 18:55:15
Hi,

I had previously installed VMWare to my 1.5.2 machine, and now that
I upgraded to 1.6_BETA1 I ran into trouble.

I recompiled the LKMs in the Frank van der Linden's vmware-netbsd
package and installed them, and got the working (required some
slight tweaking because of ETHER_MAX_FRAME (or smth) macro change).

However, the vmnetif still does not work. When I say:

/etc/rc.d/vmnetif start

I get:

Starting vmnetif
/dev/vmnet1: Bad file descriptor

That apparently comes from the VMWare's vmnet-netifup binary. I
tried installing the newer suse packages, but this did not
help either.

So, what to do? Does anyone use VMWare with 1.6_BETA?

--
arto