Subject: X server and USB mouse after suspend/resume
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/13/2002 08:34:54
I am setting up my laptop (Dell Inspriron 8100) to suspend/resume
properly when an X server is running.  With the DPMS option in
XF86Config the screen is powered off and back on again just fine.  The
touchpad mouse also works fine before and after the suspend/resume
cycle.  However, even though NetBSD reprobes the USB bus upon resume
and finds the USB mouse, the X server apparently is not aware of it
after a resume.  Consequently, the X server must be reset in order to
use the USB mouse.

Is there a mechanism for notifying the X server that there is a USB
mouse available without reseting it?  Or is there a way to configure
the X server so that it will know about the USB mouse after a
suspend/resume cycle?

What do others do to solve this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Brook