Subject: Re: iplog-2.2.3
To: Homer Sipes <sipes@linuxmail.org>
From: Rene Hexel <rh@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/12/2002 12:48:00
On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 12:19, Homer Sipes wrote:

> Hi, i am trying to setup iplog-2.2.3 on my NetBSD-1.5ZC box but i get this error:
>
> checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... no
> checking for pthread_create in -lpthreads... no
> checking for pthread_create in -lc_r... no
> checking for pthread_create... no
> Error: pthreads are required to build this package.
> btw, i have installed  unproven-ptheads. Anyone know any thing else?

  unproven-pthreads requires special includes and libraries to create
threaded applications.  It installs a special gcc frontend called 'pgcc'
under ${PREFIX}/pthreads/bin.

 It's probably easier to use pth (or pth-syscall for that matter).
Which is a non-preemptive threads package that is a little bit easer to
handle (just make sure you add ${PREFIX}/include and ${PREFIX}/lib to
your include and library search paths.

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene