Subject: Re: USB Zip 100 Drive
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/11/2002 12:33:11
> If 1.6 is so close at hand, what happens with 1.5.3?  Last I heard,
> 1.5.3 was at RC2

It's a surprise to me to hear NetBSD 1.4.3 was released after 1.5, but I suppose
people who have stable 1.5.2 systems might prefer 1.5.3 over the uncertainties
of 1.6, at least until 1.6 has time to prove its stability.  But given my
problems booting 1.5.2 generic kernel, or 1.5.3, I'm perfectly willing to be rid
of 1.5.x in favor of 1.6, if that works better.  I would download 1.6 generic
and installation kernels just to verify that they appear workable before
actually downloading or ordering CDs for 1.6.  Support for Ensoniq CT5880 sound
would also be an issue.