Subject: Re: NAT, DHCP, and Cable Modems
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Flowers <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/11/2002 08:15:14
On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 04:10:41PM +0000, Jeff Flowers wrote:
> I currently connect to the Internet via a cable modem using DHCP. My
> wife's computer uses a modem and connects via Earthlink. Because of
> excessive telephone line noise, she wants me to hook her computer up
> to the cable modem so that she will have a better connection.

Thanks to everyone who has responded. I may have a different way to
fix this, however.

Would it be possible to connect her computer and mine via PPP over a
null modem cable and have that connection route out to the Internet?
I am asking because I have access to a free null modem cable if I
want it.

Thanks,

Jeff Flowers
jeffrey@jeffreyf.net