Subject: ATY, Mach64 16mb ATI card supported in Beige G3?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <JRStrong@aol.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/11/2002 00:39:03
HELP ME PLEASE!
       I'm trying to get a free 16mb ATI video PCI card to work within my 1998 Beige MT Rev 1 (I think, it didn't have a hardware slave drive) it does with X.1.5 G4/500mhz/768mb/17"/40gig/SCSI CDRW/IDE DVD/that is actually using a 16" Apple monitor that is labeled on the back as being manufactured in March 1992!  I've been using it since 1997, with 5 different Macs?  A Umax SCSI scanner and a USB Lexmark Inkjet that replaced a 1992 Stylewriter that I've used since 92 until just last year?

Is there a similar driver already "constructed" that I could download from some URL?

                    card type:         display
Apple System Profiler has card name:     ATY,mach64_3DU
                    card model:     ATY,GT-B
                    card rom #:      113-xxxxx-1.1
                    card revision:    154
                    card vendor ID: 1002

I've only got 6mb internal video ram, so DVD's are "choppy?"

Jeff Strong
JRSTRONG@aol.com