Subject: Re: PCI "lost interrupt" warnings
To: None <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: SAR <sar@computer.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/10/2002 20:13:00
On Sun, 9 Jun 2002 10:14:38 -0700
SAR <sar@computer.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Jun 2002 18:50:31 +0200
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 09:47:19PM -0700, SAR wrote:
> > > All,
> > >
> > > I just started seeing warnings like the following:
<snip>
> > > Advice on where to start investigating?
> >
> > I would first check the IDE cable, as this can be caused by a
> > electrical problem on the IDE bus. Do you have other devices
> > on this channel ?
>
> Thanks for the tip.  I'll try swapping out the cable.

The problem turned out to be a bad IDE controller on the mother board.

I'm AMAZED that NetBSD kept this system working as well as it did for
as long as it did.  Another OS would have just failed, probably taking
my data with it to the bit-bucket.  With NetBSD, I was able to recover
ALL of my data and move it to another system.

NetBSD ROCKS!
---
SAR
sar@computer.org