Subject: Re: NAT, DHCP, and Cable Modems
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Christophe Kalt <kalt@taranis.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/10/2002 16:20:54
On Jun 10, Jeff Flowers wrote:
| I know that none of this is original and I have a basic understanding
| of what NAT does. What I am not sure of is how this will all play out
| with DHCP in the mix, since I do not have a static IP address.

it doesn't really matter, the NAT configuration (which is
what really cares about this) doesn't have to be told the IP
address.  See /usr/share/examples/ipf/BASIC.NAT

|                                                                Is
| there anything special to do in this kind of situation?

not really :)

| Also, how long can a crossover ethernet cable be?

same length as a straight through cable. :)
if distance is an issue, then your project could become even
more fun with a pair of wireless cards.