Subject: Re: installing netbsd 1.5.2 on vaio picturebook with dvd drive
To: None <miltil@earthlink.net, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/09/2002 23:13:18
On Sun, 09 Jun 2002 21:05:50 -0500 milti leonard <miltil@earthlink.net>
wrote:

> ive been perusing the archives on this issue (as well as reading
> the docs) and i must say im still at a loss.  ive been booting using
> the bootlap floppies, but still the cd is not being read: the system
> hangs or there is a kernel fault (ive not been able to recreate and
> record the exact error).

Hello,

We need to have a look at the output of dmesg(1), which is also the
contents of  /var/run/dmesg.boot.  I don't know if the install kernel can
mount an msdos disk, but if it can, or if you can ftp to somewhere,
perhaps you can send that file to this list.

If not, have a look at it yourself and look for "cd" as in "dmesg |grep
cd".  Send what you see here.

Then we shall see. :)

Regards,

--jkl