Subject: Re: Dual NetBSD OSes on 1 Disk
To: Jeff Flowers <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/09/2002 18:53:14
On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 11:40:18AM +0000, Jeff Flowers wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if it is possible to dual-boot two NetBSD OSes together
> on the same disk. Both will be the same release. I want to use one as a
> everyday system and the other for testing and binary package creation.

I would just install all of them in the same MBR partition, but in different
disklabel partitions (which requires a manual install for the second,
but as it's the same release you can just copy the first one with find/cpio)
Then you can boot the second one at the boot prompt by telling the
(disklabel) partition you want to boot:
boot hd0f:

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>