Subject: Re: Dual NetBSD OSes on 1 Disk
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/09/2002 17:30:04
On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 11:40:18AM +0000, Jeff Flowers wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if it is possible to dual-boot two NetBSD OSes together
> on the same disk. Both will be the same release. I want to use one as a
> everyday system and the other for testing and binary package creation.

Well I'm doing it.....
You do need changes to the boot code and kernel startup code (mainly
to pass the disk sector number between the layers as a hint to
find the correct fs.)
Getting the second disklabel in is somewhat tricky though.

OTOH it is relatively easy to intercept the boot (during the
countdown) and type boot hd0f:netbsd.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk