Subject: Re: cvs [update aborted]: received broken pipe signal
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/09/2002 02:46:16
PN> > ...next time this happens, make sure you can traeroute(8) to
PN> > 'anoncvs.netbsd.org'.  Also, try a mirror in another country.
PN>
PN> I did and the traceroute got to "nbanoncvs.isc.org (204.152.186.167) ..." .
PN> I also tried "cvs login" and it worked.

I've been having problems running CVS updates at night (EST) _around_ the
same time that (it seems) a lot of automatic jobs are running at night,
such as, but not limited to, the, "daily CVS updates" that go to
source@netbsd.org from srcmaster@netbsd.org.

They normally come around 19:45 PDT (21:45 - 9:45 PM EST?).  I imagine the
load on the servers is just highest then.  Good to avoid updates in the
evenings.

-lava