Subject: Re: USB Zip 100 Drive
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/08/2002 23:01:28
> 1.6 should be right around the corner, I believe official release is due
> later this month. Check out the web-pages for details, I believe 1.6 is
> currently only available as beta, unless you want to compile it yourself.

> Audun Nordal

If 1.6 is so close at hand, what happens with 1.5.3?  Last I heard, 1.5.3 was at
RC2.  I tried the generic kernel for 1.5.3RC2 with DOSBOOT (this is i386) and
was unsuccessful, however the installation kernel looked successful and looked
like the screen that comes from booting the 1.5.2 installation CD.  While
conceivably I could tweak and recompile a successful 1.5.3 kernel, I would
certainly be inclined to skip 1.5.3 in favor of 1.6.  All I downloaded for
1.5.3 was the installation and generic kernels, two files total.