Subject: cvs [update aborted]: received broken pipe signal
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/07/2002 18:49:42
I've been getting the above error for a while now when
trying to update my entire src tree. I did notice that
it worked when only updating my pkgsrc, but this is
only when I used the anoncvs.de.netbsd.org server. I
believe I've tried the standard anoncvs.netbsd.org,
anoncvs.pl.netbsd.org and anoncvs.de.netbsd.org. This
all used to work fine before.

The command I'm using is

/usr/src # cvs update -d -P -A -rnetbsd-1-5

This has failed on these machines:

i386 1ghz Athlon with 512 megs of memory
sparc sparcstation1 with 24 megs of memory

I apologize if this has been asked and answered
before. I see it has been asked about a lot but I
don't see any solutions.

Any help (including pointing me to the proper RTFM
link) would be appreciated.

Andy