Subject: Re: USB Zip 100 Drive
To: Jeff Flowers <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net>
From: Audun Arnesen Nordal <audun@stud.cs.uit.no>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/07/2002 18:37:36
On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Jeff Flowers wrote:

> Thanks for your reply, Audun. From what I saw yesterday, playing with a USB
> printer and cups, NetBSD's USB support is pretty darn good. It is
> interesting that NetBSD assigns it as sd0, even though it is a USB umass
> device. Still, so long as it works!

I think it's called sd0 because it attaches to usb through some
scsi-emulation/high-level api like this: usb device -> usb hub (uhub0)
-> usb mass storage (umass0) -> scsi emulation layer (scsibus0) -> logical
device (sd0). Dunno why they did it that way, on rather thin ice here.

> By the way, current is 1.6 now, isn't it?

Well current in my case is current as in current :-) (development
sources).

1.6 should be right around the corner, I believe official release is due
later this month. Check out the web-pages for details, I believe 1.6 is
currently only available as beta, unless you want to compile it yourself.

Regards

--
Audun Nordal