Subject: Re: USB Zip 100 Drive
To: Audun Arnesen Nordal <audun@stud.cs.uit.no>
From: Jeff Flowers <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/07/2002 12:16:15
> I use a Iomega USB zip without problems. As of now, I run current, but
> I've used it with previous stable releases (and I'm pretty sure it's been
> supported for quite a while, NetBSD was very early to support USB IIRC):
>
> umass0 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
> umass0: Iomega USB Zip 250, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
> umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
> scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, 1 luns per target
> [...]
> sd0 at scsibus0 target 1 lun 0: <IOMEGA, ZIP 250, 32.G> SCSI0 0/direct
> removable
> sd0: mode sense (5) returned nonsense; using fictitious geometry
> sd0: 239 MB, 239 cyl, 64 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 489532 sectors
> sd0: mode sense (5) returned nonsense; using fictitious geometry
> sd0: no disk label

Thanks for your reply, Audun. From what I saw yesterday, playing with a USB
printer and cups, NetBSD's USB support is pretty darn good. It is
interesting that NetBSD assigns it as sd0, even though it is a USB umass
device. Still, so long as it works!

By the way, current is 1.6 now, isn't it?

Thanks again,

Jeff Flowers
jeffrey@jeffreyf.net