Subject: Re: CUPS and NetBSD
To: Jeff Flowers <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/06/2002 21:36:50
On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 11:21:03AM -0400, Jeff Flowers wrote:
> I have been browsing through the online documentation at www.cups.org and
> CUPS seems to be pretty cool. I have noticed that NetBSD offers precompiled
> packages for CUPS, so I am inclined to give it a try but I would like to
> know if it works well on NetBSD.

I use it as print server for all printers at work now
(various HP laserjet, both B&W and color, a toshiba, a xerox - 9 total) for
about 60 users. cups clients on unix machines, samba for windows.
works very well, and I've been able to find a PPD for all my printers.

> Also, I will be using an Epson 740. The 740 supports both USB and parallel
> port connections. Does it really matter which connection that I use?

Shouldn't be

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>