Subject: Re: CUPS and NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Schoolcraft <bill@linuxcare.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/06/2002 12:35:30
Richard Rauch wrote:

> Re. http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-help/2002/06/06/0002.html
>
> For CUPS, I disclaim any knowledge.  The traditional BSD lpr/lpd system
> that NetBSD ships with works for my small home net.  (You might also look
> into LPRng, if you want something above-and-beyond.)
>
> I don't know about the Epson 740,

CUPS does ship by default with Epson drivers and some others too. I
use Epson printers at home and CUPS fired off a color test page from
my netscape browser with Solaris-8, FreeBSD-4.x first try.

After firing up "cupsd" you can use your Netscape browser to configure
CUPS with http://localhost:631

--
Bill Schoolcraft	Linux/Unix System Engineer
650 Townsend Street	San Francisco, CA 94103

	   "Linux/Unix, A Way Of Life."