Subject: ad1848_commit: Auto calibration timed out
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/06/2002 09:06:15
I noticed an unusual message at the end of my laptop's dmesg today:

ad1848_commit: Auto calibration timed out

(This was shortly/immediately after a fresh coldboot.)

Looking around, I found a VAX man-page for ad(4), but none on ad1848---I
assume that that's not what I'm looking at, though.  I found the code
(line 1149 of /usr/src/sys/dev/ic/ad1848.c in 1.5.2's source).  This is
the first that I've heard of ad1848; it does not otherwise appear in
dmesg.

This seems to be associated with sound in some way.  However, my audio is
working well (I'm playing an OggVorbis track as I type).  Should I just
ignore this message, or does it mean something I should care about?