Subject: Re: CVS server problem
To: None <sar@computer.org>
From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/04/2002 21:09:49
On 2002-06-04 07:35 -0700, SAR wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 11:32:38 +0300
> Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
> > > U xsrc/xc/programs/Xserver/XpConfig/C/print/models/SPSPARC2/fonts/AvantGarde-DemiOblique.pmf
> > > cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
> >
> > Does it always happen while checking out the same file (which would
> > suggest a problem with the repository itself)?  Or is it failing in
> > different places (which would be a problem with the CVS pserver)?
>
> Good question.  I've seen it fail on the same file every time.

Try removing the entire directory of the offending file, and let cvs
run with -dP (make directories, prune empty dirs) once:

	$ cd xsrc/xc/programs/Xserver/XpConfig/C/print/models/SPSPARC2
	$ rm -fr fonts
	$ cvs -q up -APd

And see if the new files are downloaded correctly.  If they're not,
you should probably contact the admin of the CVS server you are using.

- Giorgos