Subject: Re: program to test open-relay
To: Mr Mine Sakiyama <msakiyam@yahoo.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/04/2002 13:03:03
On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Mr Mine Sakiyama wrote:

> relays.osirusoft.com said the host was last confirmed
> open on May27th,,the host admin said they fixed it on
> May31st...So now I want to see if the host is really

Their FAQ says it may take longer than seven days.

I am not sure about their dnsbl service, but some show you the output of
their relay checks so you can clearly see how a mail server is open.

Maybe you can enable further debugging with your mail server and when you
use their automated email retest@relays.osirusoft.com you can log how it
is used.

By default, Exim, postfix, sendmail and qmail are not open relays.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/