Subject: Re: Library Question
To: None <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/03/2002 05:46:05
--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N

hi jeffrey,

On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 11:36:53PM -0400, jeffrey@jeffreyf.net wrote:
> I am trying to compile, on my own, Mutt 1.4. I have downloaded and
> installed GNU libiconv but the configure script for Mutt doesn't seem
> to be able to find libiconv's library and include files, which are in
> /usr/local/*

there is an option for configure script so you can tell configure to
look to some particular directory to find libiconv:

  --with-iconv[=3DDIR]  search for libiconv in DIR/include and DIR/lib

so you want:

  ./configure --with-iconv=3D/usr/local

you can usually find such options for configure scripts, *always* try
=2E/configure --help first to see all options before building anything.

> I have added /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and reran ldconfig but
> it still isn't finding the files. How can I make these files known to
> the system?

this is for runtime. read ld.so.conf(1) for explanation what is it used
for. just a little note, you don't need to run ldconfig on ELF system.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=
 --