Subject: NetBSD 1.5.2 crashes sporadically
To: None <muc-lists-netbsd-help@moderators.muc.de>
From: Andreas Voegele <voegelas@users.sourceforge.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/31/2002 23:10:12
I've installed NetBSD 1.5.2 on my laptop and on my normal PC.  On the
laptop, NetBSD runs very well but the other computer crashes
sporadically.  No error message is output; the computer just hangs.  I
have to press the reset button to reboot the computer.  I'm sure that
there are no hardware problems; the computer works fine under
GNU/Linux.

In contrast to the laptop, my PC is a SCSI-only system.  There are
four PCI cards: a Tekram 390U SCSI controller (Symbios Logic 53c875),
two RealTek RTL8129 network cards and an ELSA Victory Erazor graphics
card (RIVA 128).  And there's a Creative Soundblaster ViBRA 16 ISA
sound card.  The motherboard is a DFI K6BV3+ with a VIA MVP3
chip set.  The IDE controllers are disabled.

Are there known problems with this hardware and the kernel that comes
with NetBSD 1.5.2?  Which version of the kernel should I use?