Subject: Re: Problem Creating boot floppy image from boot2.fs for NetBSD1
To: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
From: None <sarora@hss.hns.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/30/2002 22:19:47
  I tried copying rawrite and images to the root
directory of a windows drive. It does not help ...

sarora@hss.hns.com on 05/30/2002 10:13:52 PM

To:   Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
cc:   netbsd-help@netbsd.org

Subject:  Re: Problem Creating boot floppy image from boot2.fs for NetBSD1  .5.2
      /i386

Hi Andy
       Thanks for the response,
        Actually I used the same command to copy both boot1.fs and boot2.fs
        > dd if=boot1. fs sb=18k of=/dev/floppy
       > dd if=boot2. fs sb=18k of=/dev/floppy

The boot1.fs works fine, after finishing it asks for boot2.fs.
When the boot2.fs disk is inserted in the drive, and installation resumes.
After that we get the following messages:

booting netbsd.tgz ; file or directory  not found

this message is repeated for various  *.tgz files.

This continues forever.........

regards,
-sanjay

Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com> on 05/30/2002 09:55:04 PM