Subject: Re: JDK for NetBSD?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: dmelton@banzuke.com <dmelton@banzuke.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/30/2002 05:02:25
> > The JDK installation sets up a default CLASSPATH variable of:
> > CLASSPATH=/usr/pkg/java/lib/classes.zip:.
>
> Does it? Not for 1.3 it doesn't?

You're right...I was setting it from someplace strange.

> > I have JAVA_HOME set to /usr/pkg/java
>
> Where is that set ? In the tomcat startup scripts, or in your environment?

My environment.  This is actually correct.

> It's definitely a classpath issue, then.

Turns out I had some files left over from my previous JDK 1.1.8
install, so the JDK 1.3 install was mangled.  Deleted all of the
JDK components, then reinstalled 1.3 starting with a "make clean",
just to be sure.

IT WORKS!!!

Now I can actually do something fun!

Thanks for the help,