Subject: Re: JDK for NetBSD?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: dmelton@banzuke.com <dmelton@banzuke.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/29/2002 22:57:58
I'm getting closer, but still no Tomcat...

I have the Sun JDK 1.3 installed and working.
I've rebuilt Apache so I could install jserv.
Tomcat is installed, and Apache is configured to use it.

When I try to start Tomcat, I get:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/HandlerBase
at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java)
at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java)

My guess is that SAX would be part of the Crimson package,
which is also installed.  crimson.jar is in /usr/pkg/lib/java,
and /usr/pkg/lib/java is in my CLASSPATH.

Any ideas of what I've messed up, or haven't done yet?

Thanks,
  Dave Melton