Subject: ms-ttf fonts and KDE
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/25/2002 09:43:02
I have a curious problem while testing ms-ttf fonts with KDE on a i386
-current and XFree 4.1.0:

I've installed both ms-ttf and mkttfdir from pkgsrc.

After installing ms-ttf, i've cd to the truetype directory and do a
mkttfdir.

I've checked that the freetype module and Fontpath are properly setup
in my /etc/X11/XF86config.

When i run KDE, if y try to open the KDE control center/Look'n
Feel/Fonts, KDE freeze deadly. My system is not down but i can't do
anything from the console (nor switch to another console on this
host). The only solution is to telnet this host and make it reboot...

Before this reboot, i can see that  X and KDE process are gone: it
seems my console is not reset (?)

My card is a GeForce II Mx.

Nothing in the logs...

        Any clues?
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1325756000 secondes