Subject: Re: KDE Desktop is larger than screen
To: None <balteo@wanadoo.fr>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.ws>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/24/2002 16:07:21
5/24/02 9:31:37 PM, Balteo <balteo@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>Hello,
>I recently installed KDE and everything is fine except for the desktop which
>is way larger than my 15" screen.  I have to move the mouse to the bottom for
>it to scroll down, to the left to scroll left and so on.  What's more the
>button on the task bar are huge.
>Strange experiment...
>Can anyone help,
>Balteo.

I dimly recall that there was an option to trigger that behavior in the
installation of either XFree86 or KDE. It had happened to me about a
year about a year ago since I had hastily clicked through the options
and said yes to everything.

The option had asked if I wanted a VIRTUAL screen for X. I seemd to recall
that it was XFree86 that asked that, but am not certain. I put up with it
for a while but then reinstalled both to get Unicode fonts. Did both on
same weekend. Can't now remember which asked that option for certain. But
it was an, er...feature (not a bug).

Read you later,

Gan Starling
Kalamazoo MI