Subject: Re: Instability problems, system crashing.
To: Ricardo Junior , Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/23/2002 16:43:13
	Hello Ricardo.  If you're running a server in production and you don't
visit the box frequently, I recommend  you rebuild your kernel without the
in-kernel debugger.  (options DDB in the kernel config file)  This will
cause it to reboot after it panics, if it panics, and write its core image
to swap.  Then, savecore(8) will write the image to /var/crash on reboot,
and you can examine the cause of the damage at your convenience and from
the comfort of your favorite office chair.
-Brian