Subject: New java problem
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Tracy Nelson <tnelson158@attbi.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/23/2002 10:20:04
I seem to have improved my system to the point where Java won't work
anymore.  I was trying to troubleshoot a problem I was having with
NetBeans, and in the process I reinstalled sun-jdk13 from pkgsrc.  Now,
whenever I try to run it, the "realpath" program (included in
jre/bin/i386) refuses to parse "/usr/pkg/java/jre/bin".  I'm guessing
it's because that path doesn't exist under Linux emulation, so it's just
bailing.  I've tried moving the JDK to /usr/local, which does exist
under emulation, but that doesn't work either.  The strange thing is, I
still have Tomcat running from before I reinstalled.  Whoops, scratch
that -- it's running, but it doesn't give any results back.  I guess
it's hosed too.

If anyone can give me a clue what I might have messed up, please let me
know.  If I can't get this straightened out, I'll have to switch to
developing on Windows, and nobody wants to see that (especially me!).

Thanks!
-- Tracy Nelson