Subject: Makefile How to prefer distfiles to MASTER_SITES?
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ivan Dolezal <ivan.dolezal@vsb.cz>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/22/2002 19:52:28
Hello,

recently I wanted to compile pam_ldap (pkgsrc/security/pam-ldap), so I
cd' and did make. Oops, the checksum was bad and it didn't want to compile.

I found out that MASTER_SITES points to developer site, but the
developer doesn't maintain a package that could compile with NetBSD 1.5.2.

In order to download the "compilable" version, I had to hash
MASTER_SITES in Makefile, so that the software downloaded the old
version from ftp.netbsd.org to my pleasure.

The question: is there any more systematic way to force Make use
ftp.netbsd.org instead of MASTER_SITES source?

Thanks,

Ivan Dolezal