Subject: Re: xmh/nmh - was: Backgrounds in X
To: Phillip Rulon <pjr@gnu.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/21/2002 12:31:59
> > On the subject: Ever since NetBSD 1.3 (at least; my NetBSD history doesn't
> > order to function at all.  (We don't ship with mh, of course.  Though I
> > seem to recall that you can get xmh to sort of hobble along with nmh from
> > pkgsrc...)
>
> I run xmh/nmh and it runs fine.  Indeed I had to revert to it last week when

Hm.  Seems to work for me, at present, with no real problems...though I
may have had some configuration information lying around from the last
time that I used it (in 1.3.x days...my homedir has moved around with me;
(^&).

Although, xmh wants enscript if you try to print...

I don't have any local MIME stuff to check with...how does xmh handle mail
attaches?  metamail?  Or does it just show you the whole mail body and let
you figure it out?

Hm.  I'm not sure how one goes about replacing the default print command.
Can I just replaced ``XmhPrint'' with ``lpr ...''?  I assume not, but it's
not really clear from the man-page.  (There are two ``easy'' alternatives
that would work: One is to print the raw text to the default printer.
The other is to go ahead and enscript the file and then send it to ``lpr
-Pps''.  The man-pages hint that the PrintCommand resource is used, with a
corresponding XmhPrint().  But how to piece that together to do something
novel is not clear.  I don't mess enough with X resources to fill in the
missing pieces...

(No, I don't often need to print email.  But it'd be nice to be able to do
so.  (^&)