Subject: RE: mouse resolution
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.ws>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/21/2002 09:00:51
"Jeremy C. Reed" wrote:

>Have you tried xset?
>
>I use in my blackbox menu:
>   [exec] (Very Fast)       {xset m 7 10}
>   [exec] (Normal \(Fast\)) {xset m 3 10}
>   [exec] (System Default)  {xset m default}
>   [exec] (Glacial)         {xset m 0 10}

Experimented quite a bit with that. Seems to
do the same things as the KDE preferences/
periperals/mouse widgets, which I had already
set to minimal.

But, alas, that is not it. I was hoping to
reduce the minimal speed. This thing seems to
come as 800 dpi, which on my poor 1024x768
screen is less than an inch top-to-btm and
1.28 inch side to side on a 1-to-1 pixel to
dot ratio.

As-is default is okay for text. But it is
a killer in graphics editing, like with
sodipodi, etc. Makes for always having to
zoom-in, zoom-out on every little thing.
And some of them are pretty little.

Someone else mentioned doing it at the PS-2
port versus the USB port. I might try that.
Or I can try a hardware mod. I shall google
around for maybe something like that if all
else fails.

Thanks All,

Gan