Subject: Re: JDK for NetBSD?
To: , <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Tracy Nelson <tnelson158@attbi.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/20/2002 14:28:33
From: <dmelton@banzuke.com>
> My goal is to get the JDK and Tomcat running on my
> webserver, so I can do some JSP and Servlet stuff.
> I've done the STFW thing, and so far I'm a bit concerned
> that this may not be possible under NetBSD.  It looks
> like Tomcat should work, but the basic JDK has me a
> bit worried.

I just did this last week.  Everything you need is in pkgsrc.  Install
apache (in /usr/pkgsrc/www/apache), tomcat (www/jakarta-tomcat) and the Sun
JDK (in /usr/pkgsrc/lang/sunjdk13) and you're good to go.

Haven't seen a package yet for any of the Java IDEs, but I was able to get
NetBeans installed without a whole lot of sweat.

Cheers!
-- Tracy Nelson