Subject: JDK for NetBSD?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: dmelton@banzuke.com <dmelton@banzuke.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/20/2002 14:21:25
Hi all,

I've spent the last couple of days hunting around for
information about Java implementations for NetBSD.
I downloaded the JDK1.1.8 stuff from ftp.netbsd.org,
but I haven't found any installation docs, and it
doesn't want to work for me out-of-the-box:

$ javac HelloWorld.java
/usr/libexec/ld.so: java: libm.so.0.1: No such file or directory

My goal is to get the JDK and Tomcat running on my
webserver, so I can do some JSP and Servlet stuff.
I've done the STFW thing, and so far I'm a bit concerned
that this may not be possible under NetBSD.  It looks
like Tomcat should work, but the basic JDK has me a
bit worried.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this?

Thanks,
  Dave