Subject: PPPoE in -current
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/19/2002 12:08:14
I get the following message anytime after I first boot-up during the
configuration of network interfaces:
pppoe0ifconfig: SIOCIFCREATE: File exists
pppoe0ifconfig: SIOCIFCREATE: File exists
I know that this is related to my ifconfig.pppoe0 file:
create
# Mark the physical interface used by this PPPoE interface up
! /sbin/ifconfig ae1 up
# Let $int use ne0 as its Ethernet interface
! /sbin/pppoectl -e ae1 $int
# Configure authentication
! /sbin/pppoectl $int myauthproto=pap 'myauthname=maccult'
'myauthsecret=SoshonaJuly14' hisauthproto=none
# Configure the PPPoE interface itself.  These addresses are magic,
meaning we don't care about
# either address and let the remote ppp choose them
inet 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.1 up
I tried this without the create line but I get a different message
then and went back and stuck it in.

Why do I need the create line above and why does it give me an error
when I come back from single-user mode?  Can anybody answer this?
--
Randy Beaudreault

"Spam in a can" - a description of the first astronauts

"Love is like solving the perfect murder.  It's good to be good,
but better to be lucky" - Det. Frank Pembleton
 From the show, "Homicide: Life On The Street"