Subject: Re: Installation Hell^Hp
To: Rose, Brian <Brian.Rose@icn.siemens.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/17/2002 15:41:26
If you are using a modernish laptop, you pretty much MUST use
GENERIC_LAPTOP or lots of stuff breaks. GENERIC_LAPTOP was probably
included in the CD you are using -- poke around.

Failing that working, try a -current install floppy from
ftp.netbsd.org in pub/NetBSD/arch/i386 -- if the -current stuff will
talk to the network, then you know the bootstrapping process (or just

Perry

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com